AshtYoga is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide when you contact us through the website.
It is important that you read this policy together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
1. Information We May Collect From You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data – includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, social security number or similar government-issued identification, and gender.
- Contact Data – includes postal address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data – includes details about payments to and from you and other details services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data – includes Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data – includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, any provided images, and survey responses.
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing notifications from us and our third parties and your overall communication preferences.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data, for any Ashtyoga’s operational purposes. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data by law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not knowingly collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you, including details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic or biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Privacy of our email lists
Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
Cookies are pieces of electronic information that will be sent by Ashtyoga when you use our website. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
AshtYoga uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support with several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, to protect the collected information.